Details, Date and time of departure:
- Sunday | January 29, 2017
- 08:00 AM departure of Marathon
- 08:30 AM departure of Half-Marathon
- AVENUE DE LA MENARA (behind Sofitel Hotel)
Withdrawal of the numbers:
Riders must present to the Village of Marathon (Place du 16 Novembre) or Dar Talib (Daoudiate Unit 4) during the 2 days before the race to collect their bib numbers.
Inscriptions are possible online until Monday, January 23th 2017 at midnight.
Then inscriptions will be possible to the “Village Marathon” and in Dar Talib(Daoudiate Unit 4) .
Welcome race and race for children:
Both races will begin at “Village Marathon” on Saturday, January 28th 2017.
Departure of the welcome race: 10:00 am , Departure of the race for children: 10:30 am.
Consult the grid of premiums here.
DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL: AVENUE DE LA MENARA, behind Sofitel hotel and close to Mamounia hotel.
8:30 am for the half marathon and 8:00 am for the full marathon.
Official distance: 42,195 kms for the marathon and 21,097 kms for the half marathon, approved by an international official expert (I.A.A.F-A.I.M.S). The route is flat and rapid, in spite of some ascending false flat in the palm grove, permit to realize a performance and to try to beat a world record of 2h03'59''
During the course: :
- The points of supplying are installed all the 5 kms (water and orange sections) and at arrival.
- The sponges, all the 5 kms from the 7th kms.
- A timing appears regularly during the course and by a clock at arrival.
- Signposting of the course materialized on the ground and by panels.
- Security assured by the prefecture of Marrakesh and the Red Cross. Bicycles, roller engines and /or driving engines are strictly forbidden during the race.
- A medal is given to all finishers.
The awards presentation will take place at arrival on Sunday, January 31th 2016.
- 11:30: award presentation of half and full marathon
- 11:45: award presentation of children race and veterans